Monday, February 28, 2011

a day in our life

6:45 am - I wake up and get in the shower.
6:50 am - Kevin brings Andrew in to the bathroom and he peaks around the shower curtain and whines at me.
7:00-8:00am - Fix 3 breakfasts, lunch for Kevin, make coffee, watch Curious George for 10 minutes, fold laundry, put away laundry, do the dishes and sweep the floor...all while Andrew follows me around and whines.  Andrew gets Tylenol. Watch the news with a ton of teasers for the upcoming Charlie Sheen interview, that guy is crazy! 
9:45-10:15am - Music class.
10:30-11:00am - Snack time and a visit from JuJu.  I do the dishes and sweep the floor.
11:35 - I sit down for 5 minutes and page through a magazine.
12:00 - Grace eats lunch.  I do the dishes and sweep the floor.
1:00pm - Grace takes a rest while I iron, pack for our trip, pay bills, check my work email, and talk with our contractor about our new toilet paper holder.  Almost everything in the bathroom is polished chrome, but this is polished nickle...shhhhh, don't tell anyone.


2:45pm - Andrew wakes up and needs to eat.  I do the dishes and sweep the floor. 
3:30pm - We head out to BuyBuyBaby (most obnoxious name for a store, ever).  This was the conversation we had in the car:
Me: "Grace, this Saturday you have a birthday party and you are going to learn to do yoga.  So you will need to wear leggings, not a dress." 
Grace: "I know how to do yoga.  I do my own kind of yoga."
Me: "You will need to listen to the teacher and follow the class." 
Grace: "Mom, will there be yoga at the party?!"
Me: "Yes."
Grace:"Mom, the party is going to be sooooo fun."
4:15pm - We get home and the kids want another snack.  I find Grace laying pretzels on the floor and ask why.  "Baby Andrew likes to pick them up and eat them off the floor."  Where do they pick these things up? 

I do the dishes and sweep the floor.
5:00pm - More packing for our trip and I spend about 20 minutes torturing Andrew by making him try on various sized rompers.  Including this one that was Uncle Mark's:

It is excellent attire for a Princess tea party.

6:00pm - Dinner.  This is what we had....


fruit salad and roasted tomato pasta.  It is a fabulous recipe, and soooo easy.  I will post a recipe later. 

Gracie cuts Andrew's fruit for him....so cute.
Of course Grace would only eat buttered noodles, but she said "Mom, this dinner is excellent!"  I love her.  Kevin does the dishes and sweeps the floor. 

6:30pm - Bathtime for the kids.  No pooping in the tub!  Yes!

7:00pm - Andrew goes to bed.  Kevin and I install a roman shade in our new bathroom.  The drill bit gets stuck and things get a bit tense.   Then we get the shade up, and I spend the next 15 minutes steaming out the wrinkles. 

7:30pm - "Mom, why are your lips red?  It's NOT Valentine's Day." (I just had some carmex on, my lips are so chapped they look like I have red lipstick on.)
7:35pm - Grace throws a fit because I will only read her one book.
7:40pm - Grace is snoring.
7:41pm - This is me. 
This is how I look most of the time.  My darling husband said, "Wow, the flash really washes you out."  At first I thought he was being rude, now I realize that was a compliment.  So I made this picture black and white...much less offensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment