Saturday, February 12, 2011

don't trust toddlers - they lie

Wednesday
While I was making dinner Grace said, "Don't worry Mommy, I will watch Andrew.  He can color with me!"

Keep in mind they were about 2 feet from where I was standing and I still did not notice this was going on....thank goodness for washable markers!

Thursday
"Mommy, can I play with the tupperware?" 
"No, it is too messy."
"Okay, how about I just play with two? That won't be a mess." (Grace is an excellent, errr relentless,  negotiator.)
"Sure, whatever."
....5 minutes later I see this in my living room.


Friday
"Mommy, I will watch Andrew while you go get my shoes."
Ten seconds later I return to see black crayon on the carpet.  I agree, I should have learned my lesson on Wednesday. 

No picture for this one.  My extremely dominant cleaning gene kicked in, and the mark was obliterated to the best of my ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment