Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bathroom Remodel: Progress


Not too exciting.  So far the walls are ready to be tiled and painted, the vent fan now vents to the outside (not the attic), the plumbing and electrical has been brought up to code, and the shower pan has been set.

We did have one moment of excitement.  My contractor discovered that the handyman (or whoever installed the previous bathroom) definitely did not know what they were doing.  Apparently they left a nest of live, exposed wiring in insulation in the attic (right above sweet Gracie's room).  Major fire hazard.  Awesome. 


We had another little issue Friday.  The pedestal sink (being installed in our other bathroom) had 2 black scratches on it.  I was so annoyed that I was going to have to haul it back to Home Depot and then have another one shipped in....but no worries.  Bar Keepers Friend to the rescue!  Love that stuff.

Here is a sneak peek at the tile going up next week. We are doing white subways with light grey grout on the wall and shower stall. The floor is carrara marble hexagon mosaic.  I am so excited.  I love tile.


 
On a side note, the night after I posted this, I had a dream that I was changing Andrew's diaper.  I just couldn't get his little bottom clean.  So I pulled out the magic eraser and used that on his booty. What does that say about me?

No comments:

Post a Comment