Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bathroom Remodel: Before

WARNING! This is scary.

Today our bathroom remodel started.  With demolition.  Goodbye ugly weird bathroom!
We are tearing out Kevin's ugly bathroom.  Why you ask?

1. Weird shower head that would randomly leak water.

2. Mold

3. Leaky plastic shower door that is rotting stuff behind the walls.

4. Dysfunctional bathroom vanity.

5. Shoddy wainscotting that looks like crap. 
6. Laminate wood floor. Who wants wood flooring in a bathroom (real or not)?


I believe the owners that completed this little project (about 20 years ago) were going for a "rustic up-north" feel. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fact that they took an open hallway area and created a functional bathroom space. Second baths are hard to come by in our area, so I definitely know we are lucky. However, this bathroom had to go. Kevin was not on board until I discovered the shower was leaking (YES!). So we have been planning this project for about 6 weeks now and I am so excited to have it underway.

Stay tuned for progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment