Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!


We had a wonderful and busy Easter this year.  On Saturday, we headed out for brunch and an Easter egg hunt.  This was the first time we have been able to do the hunt outside and it was so fun. 





This year the Easter Bunny hid candy eggs and filled Grace and Andrew's baskets with fun toys and treats.  That Bunny knows that Andrew doesn't like sweets, so he gave him goldfish crackers.  Smart Bunny!

(I think new baskets are in order for next year.  Grace's constantly tips over and Andrew's is tiny.)

Andrew wore a handsome romper (with a turtle and bunny on it) that used to be Uncle Mark's.  Kevin thought he looked ridiculous.  Uh, obviously he did.  Ridiculously cute!


After 9am mass (where the kids were very well behaved, well except for Andrew constantly flirting with other little girls) we had cinnamon rolls and I finished preparing the carrot cake for dinner. 

I am a fan of the Joy of Cooking recipe but I saw one in this month's issue of Cooking Light that I had to try out.  Of course, I didn't follow it exactly.  I added crushed pineapple, raisins, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice.  I took a chance and the cake was really good.  I even used reduced fat cream cheese in the frosting!


After Andrew tried to microwave his Easter basket, he was banished to his room for a nap. 


Later in the day we headed over to JuJu and PopPop's for dinner, stopping at Grandma Jane and Bop's to visit with the Scanlon family on the way.

We ended up getting some cute photos.  Of course we couldn't get one where are 4 of us were looking at the camera, but I'll take what I can get.


Here is Andrew when he saw his beloved Uncle Mark. 



No comments:

Post a Comment