Thursday, April 21, 2011

Baby Andrew! You…Naughty…Little….Boy!”

We have hit a rough patch on our Mondays and Tuesdays (the days I am home from work) with Andrew. He is refusing to nap. Naughty boy!

He is way too young to be giving up a nap. More importantly, I need my downtime to clean up after my two little tornadoes, do laundry, pay bills, do yard work, make phone calls, answer emails, and most importantly, work on this blog.

When I put Drew down for a nap, he will sit in his crib and hang out for an hour and a half or so and play quietly. But he has been refusing to go to sleep.

I know you are asking, “What is the big deal?”

The problem is, I am up and down the stairs 8 million times putting all his stuff back in his crib (that he throws out in protest), laying him down and telling him to take a nap.  Then I usually give up when I find him jumping up and down and saying “Mamamamamama!”.  I just can’t help but pick him up and give him kisses.

The other problem is dealing with a naughty and whiny little boy the rest of the day. He also tends to try to get into trouble when he is in these moods, by doing any and all of the following:

Trying to climb INTO the refrigerator.
Microwaving his milk.

Microwaving a dried mango.
Opening the microwave and SLAMMING the door shut as hard as possible.
Making a mess with his food.

Climbing on the chairs and standing up.
Saying nothing but “Mine!” for an hour straight.
Touching my new silk curtains (which wrinkle easily).
Sitting on my silk curtains.
Pooping on my silk curtains (bad picture but it proves my point).
Hitting or throwing things.
Yelling at the top of his lungs.
Taking toys from Grace.
Hitting Grace.
Climbing on Grace.
I could go on, but I will stop.

Usually by about 5 o’clock, he needs to go back to his bed with some toys for quiet time. He is usually very good up there. Usually. Well, yesterday I put him in bed with a book with paper pages. I came up to check on him and found this….the little stinker tore up his big, beautiful rubber duck book. The one that goes “Quack! Quack!” at the end.

I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. So naturally I got my camera, took a picture and let him finish the job. The funniest thing was when Grace went up and saw what he was up too. I heard her yell, “Baby Andrew! You…Naughty…Little….Boy!”

No comments:

Post a Comment