Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Upgrade!

Kevin and I have been carrying around these sweet phones for the past few years.  Notice how Kevin's has a busted speaker.  Nice.



We have never had the "newest or coolest" phone.  Come to think of it, we have never had the "newest and coolest" anything really.    (Oh, except for my minivan.  When I got that baby in 2008 I was pretty darn excited...dvd player, auto sliding doors, countless cup holders to hold sippy cups with spoiled milk...top notch really.)  We don't care.  We always just walked into the Sprint store when one of our phones had lost so much battery power that it was no longer practical to use, and said, "What phones are free with a new contract?"  

Why?
  • I was always scared that I would get a new fancy phone, and one of my kids would drop it in the toilet and I would have to pay $600 to get a new one.  (We don't buy insurance stuff like phones, electronics, etc.)
  • Smartphones are expensive.  Kevin and I are frugal. 
  • I really never leave my house so why would I need a phone with internet? 
  • I don't use my phone at all.  There is about a 1 in 10 chance of me actually answering my cell phone. 
However, our contract is up next month and we are going to be getting new phone numbers and new phones, well not just phones, SMARTphones. Exciting times at the Malone house!

You see, lately I have been wishing I had the internet on the rare occasion that I am out and about. Usually to look up where the closest Starbucks is, but whatever. 

We were thinking of just getting iPhones, but we already have iPod touches and an iPad.  iPhones would be iOverkill. 

Plus, I will still assert that I am a PC girl, and I do not like Apple. Apple is for anti-estabilishment hipsters.  You know, people like my in-laws (Mike and Jane - just making sure you are still reading :) )  Don't know where I got that idea from, but its how I think.  I am not a hipster.  I am not even cool.  And I like establishment. 



So we got these LG phones.  They have been sold out everywhere for forever but the RadioShack in West Allis had some in stock.  Lucky us.  Now we are cool.  Sort of.  Let me know if you want my number.   Just don't call me.  I won't answer.  Because I have no idea how to work this thing.

By the way, Grace got this new cell phone for her birthday, it looks quite similar to my old phone. I mean really, they should have been paying me to carry around that pink thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment