Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Days!

The past 2 days have been very snowy here.  Because I don't like to head out with the kids in inclement weather, we stayed close to home.  Well except Gracie's ballet class, which we would never miss.

Grace worked on some art projects.

Elephant puppet!
Cow puppet!

We made some granola.  I used a recipe from another blog, but I adjusted the ingredients to make it much lighter.

Step 1: Gather the ingredients.
You need all this stuff (4 cups oats, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/3c canola/vegetable oil,  3/4c raisins, 1c nuts, 3/4c crasins, 1 tbsp cinnamon, 2c coconut, whatever else you want to throw in.)

Step 2. Take a series of photos of your sweet daughter posing for the camera.



Don't tell dad we were using his iPad!

Step 3: Mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately.


Step 4: Then combine them.

Step 5: Spread on a baking sheet and bake in a 325 degree oven for about 40 minutes, stir frequently. 

Step 6: Package it up and give it away.  If you don't, you will find yourself  standing over the tupperware container with a spoon in the bowl.  Shoveling it in your mouth.  Over and over. Until your tummy hurts.

After Andrew's nap on Monday, we headed outside to enjoy the snow.  Here is Andrew sitting in the sled the Darnieder kids enjoyed when we were little.

Here is Grace after she was told that she is too heavy for the sled.

Then we took a walk around the block.  It took FOREVER with little baby Andrew tagging along and falling down frequently.

Our lucky neighbors got a part of their sidewalk shoveled by Gracie.


Then I headed home and made mexican soup (I don't know what else to call it.  Can't call it tortilla soup since there were no tortillas). 


Check out my le creuset new dutch oven.  Just when I thought I had stolen everything I possibly could from my parents, I remembered their old set of cookware that was stashed in the basement. 

 It is awesome 70s vintage...the color fades from red to orange.

(Amy, I know you had mentioned you wanted this set.  Too bad.  Just kidding.  You can have it back whenever.  But I am not paying for shipping.  This stuff is heavy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment