Friday, July 1, 2011

Keeping Busy

The kids love to tear apart my living room.  Throw all the cushions on the floor, run around, jump, and flop all over the place.  I am a super cool and flexible mom, so I let them do it.

Grace loves Andrew.  She keeps telling us that they are getting married.  He is the only person she will marry.  Andrew just plays dumb when we question him about this.  The date has been set for "next week" (Grace says everything is next week).


Andrew has been very into coloring lately.  He says, "I coloring!" So cute.  Of course, Grace and Andrew usually fight over the same exact crayon, even though there are at least 3 of each color.  And the crayons constantly roll on the floor and need to be picked up by yours truly.


They also like to destroy the mail.  But doesn't Andrew look cute?  While taking this photo I had no idea that he had a poop in his pants.  A poop that had somehow found its way outside of his diaper...bathtime and laudry-time immediately followed.


We also got out our baby pool.  I spent $7 on it at Walmart three years ago, and it is still just as fabulous as the day I bought it. 

During the swimming session, Grace had to go to the bathroom (of course).  So I sent her inside and stayed outside to watch Andrew.  Well then I heard someone SCREAMING, "HELP! HELP!".  So I ran inside, while keeping my eye on Andrew through the window, (those of you who have been to our house know this is possible...just covering my bases here so no one thinks I left my kid unattended in a pool). 

I said, "Grace, what is wrong?! Why are you yelling 'Help!' " and she said.  "What do you want Mom? I was saying 'Santa's Elf!' "  That, my friends, is a perfect example of how Grace messes with my head.

I didn't plan ahead and fill up the pool in the AM.  So the sun didn't warm up the water.  So it was really cold.

Shockingly cold. 


The kids also spent time looking at the clouds and determining what they were shaped like. 


They decided this one was a dog. Huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment