Sunday, June 30, 2013

Bathroom - done!

Here are some before pictures, so you can see the difference.  Truly not horrible, but truly not beautiful either.




Here is the finished space....they are coming back tomorrow to caulk and touch up the trim but I am calling this done
  

I absolutely love the wallpaper.  It is a floral but when you look up close you can see there are frogs, ladybugs, dragonflies and caterpillars on the branches.  It is so cute and fun.


We decided to add beadboard, since we would not have a backsplash behind the sink.   We have beadboard in the backhall so it matches and is really cute.  And you can see the floor here.  I absolutely love it.  It is so fun and bright, but looks vintagey too.




We used the Kohler Memoirs line for the toilet and sink.  I wanted to do a more vintage look for the sink, but I was very limited in this tight space.  I am already really happy that I decided to do a medicine cabinet, and while I would have loved to do an inset one, I think this looks good too.  I love having space for all our medicine and the kids toothbrushes next to the kitchen.


Here is a list of the specifics:
Wallpaper - Thibaut Spring Lake - Lillian in Blue
Tile - Merola (home depot) in black and white and green
Grout - Mapei in silver
Trim - Benjamin Moore "super white"
Faucet - Kohler Bancroft
Sink & Toilet - Kohler Memoirs
Medicine Cabinet - Restoration Hardware Cartwright small (I am not happy with this cabinet at all.  There are a few flaws which I didn't notice until it was installed.  I don't want to have to have it reinstalled so  I placed a big order with them and 1/2 of the stuff had defects or was of sub-par quality...I am currently working with them on returns/exchanges and credits -fun!)
Linen shade - Pottery Barn
Light fixture - already here...I am sure it is home depot or lowes....would have loved to have dropped a pendant down from the ceiling but didn't think of that until after it was too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment