Thursday, June 21, 2012

A smart purchase

In Hilton head, there are signs posted in a lot of spots that say, "no crabbing". This means, no "fishing for crabs here - move your crabbing to another spot". (I totally made that up, I am just making an inference. Inference is a big word - betcha didn't know this blog is at college reading level :). Hence the use of "betcha" and a smiley face.)

Anyways, at the South Beach "commercial center" there are a number of boutiques that have not changed in 10 years. One sells $10 ketchup.  Another few sell the same tshirts.  And one sells custom made signs. So I ordered this baby....



It looks awesome with my pickled knotty pine cabinets. Oh so chic.

The idea is that any time any one is crabbing (whining, asking the same question over and over again, crying, hitting, being rude or pretty much anything I deem as "crabbing.") he/she has to move to a "crabbing" zone.  Like South Carolina. 

The sign purchaser (ie. ME) just has to go to her room and take a rest or have a drink - depending on the time of day.

Thank you to Katie for scoping this out!

PS - As I sit here typing this, I have horrible back pain and the beginning of mastitis (fever, chills, all over body pain, etc), and I just finished booking my 2nd round of PT for my SI joint pain.  So I am posting this quickly, over the post that went up earlier today saying this is all easier than I thought....because right now it isn't.  If I wasn't a train wreck, it would be.

PPS - It is driving me crazy to sit here (amidst chaos) and do nothing, so I am working on the blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment