Thursday, April 22, 2010

random happenings

It has been a while since i have been able to upload pictures, so here is a recap of the last few weeks.....

We have been loving the warm days we periodically get.  Andrew is my favorite little guy these days, because although he can move his big butt by rolling around, he prefers to just sit and play.  I love it!  He is very happy to be outside sitting on a blanket with a bin of toys.


While Andrew sits, Grace is very very busy setting up tea parties and exploring. 
 We have had some run-ins with insects lately (for example, a bee in the living room crawling amist all the fake bees from her bee game, what?!).  So she is very aware of little bugs.  She saw an ant crawling on our lounge chairs outside, and what did she say to the ant?  "Hey!  How did you get up there?" in about the cutest and sweetest little voice.  So adorable.

Grace loves her new sandals (thank you target), which she calls "flip flops."  The entire day she wore these, she called herself a "flip flop girl". 
Me: Grace, why are you putting stickers on the floor?
Grace: Because I am a flip flop girl!
Me: Grace, why are you running your cozy coupe into the fence?
Grace: Because I am a flip flop girl!
Me: Grace, time for a snack.
Grace: I need ritz crackers, because I am a flip flop girl!


Andrew has started sleeping with his big booty in the air.  So cute.


Grace thought this was hilarious.  Mom did not, since she is a bit big and this is borrowed.  Plus, she did this about a dozen times and couldn't get out herself.  So I got to hear "Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! I'm stuck!".  Repeatedly.


We are totally into Disney princesses over here.  And Grace was given this beautiful doll from my friend Kelly who works at Disney.  Grace uses this as inspiration for her outfits.  So every day she needs to wear a tattered snow white costume and a tulle hair thing with streamers (her veil).  Sometimes we wear this on errands, if mom isn't up for a fight.  Grace loves the attention and introducing herself as snow white.  I am proud of her confidence and sweet nature, but a bit embarassed by the whole thing.

In an effort to get Kevin Grace to eat a balanceed meal, I thought taco night would be a hit. 
I make tacos by cooking a jalapeno, fire roasted tomatoes, red onion, garlic for a while in a tiny bit of oil. 
Adding black beans and a protein.  Then I serve that with tortillas, cheese, and avocados.  Pretty healthy.  (If you eat the fillings and not just the tortillas.)

Grace loved making her taco,
but not eating it....


And I got the opportunity to help a friend with her floral business.  She taught me how to make beautiful wreaths from silk flowers.  After my lesson I made one for my mom....it was fun and it fulfilled my need for a creative project. 

In other news, we joined a health club.  The Malones are getting in shape!  Its about time!  This week Kevin and I have been good about going to work out.  It is great for us to get out of the house and do something for ourselves, plus it is only 5 minutes away.  Hopefully we will keep up with it.   I did a "Core" class that kicked my butt.  I am hoping to try pilates next week, after my stomach muscles fully heal. 

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment