Tuesday, April 2, 2013

#Hashtag

So I am always late to the party with pretty much everything.  Joined facebook in 2008.  Got a iphone 5 years after they came out (still a love/hate relationship, we can discuss another time).  I signed up for instagram a few months ago and, finally, twitter last month.  And now I understand the value of the hashtag.  And I love it.  Or #ILoveIt. 

The hashtag allows me to be witty or funny (or at least try to be).  We all know I find myself hilarious.

When I am arguing with "someone" over text.  Maybe I will respond with #jerk.  I am not really calling that "someone" a jerk, I am just tagging their interaction with me in the category of "jerk".  A little passive aggressive.  A lot awesome. 

I realized maybe my love of the hashtag has gone too far when I took this picture and almost loaded it on instagram with the caption "#pelican".  Which I found sooooo funny for some reason.


Don't get me wrong.  I am not going to stop using the hashtag.  I am just warning those lucky few that interact with me on a regular basis that this is going to get annoying.  Really annoying. 

Grace is even like, "Mom, you are so 2012."

No comments:

Post a Comment