Saturday, April 28, 2012

Andrew and Mae

I want to preface this post by saying that I don't expect any of you to find this particularily interesting or entertaining (except for the first thing below), but these are just a few things I want to remember so I am documenting them here. 
The first time Andrew saw me nursing Mae, he was staring at my chest and said...
"Ooohhhh, you got new ones!"
"Uh, yes Andrew, I guess I did."
"I yove (love) them!"
"Uh thanks."
...Andrew continues to stare...
"I firsty (thirsty) too."
"Go ask your father for milk."

 Andrew loves it when I give him a job to do with Mae, such as changing her diaper with me or giving her a bath. He also loves to do tummy time with her. "You need toys Baby? Okay, I get them for you." Sometimes he forgets that she is fragile and throws the toys on the floor. Sometimes they hit Mae. Andrew is very sweet, and says sorry and gives her a kiss. 



He has finally started calling her Mae.  It took him a while to get the hang of it.  I think it was a bit confusing for him to have the doll Charlie - so for a while he was calling her Charlie.  Sometimes he calls her "Baby" which is pretty adorable. 

He loves to hold her.  "I hold baby now."  He holds her for about 5 seconds, then throws his arms up and says, "I all done!"
 

In the morning, he peers over the bassinet and says "Hi Mae!"  The other day he turned to me and said, "I yove her!". 

He also told me that he loves her "crazy hair."  Take a scroll through these photos and let me know who you think has the crazy hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment