Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gracie & Andrew Quotes

Grace: Mommy, I will be with you at the hospital when you have the baby, right?
Me: No honey, no kids are allowed while the baby is born.  Grandma Jane or JuJu will bring you to see the baby after he or she is born.
Mommy, will the baby be white or brown?
Well, the baby will have white skin like you and Andrew.
But how do you know?
Well, God usually gives us babies that look like the parents.  You know, how you look like Daddy and Andrew looks like Mommy?
Well I think we all kind of look alike.
You are right, we do.
Well, except Daddy.  I mean, we all have hair on our heads, but he has hair EVERYWHERE.

I overheard this conversation between the kids.
"Andrew can I please use that color?"
Silence
"Andrew, can I please use that color?  Pretty please?  Pretty please...with...uh...pasta on top?"
"Okay!" 
Grace understands that Andrew doesn't like sweets, so needed to figure out something to entice him.  And for me she says, "Pretty please, with cheese on top?"


Andrew has been talking a ton lately.  This development has coincided with him developing a charming 2 year old personality.  Things he says to me are:

"No. You do it."
"No. You get it."
"No. You clean it."
"No. Mine!"
"No. Me first"
"Back up!"
and my favorite, "Gracie!  No drama!"
and sometimes he will take a stick or a fork and swing it at me, as if to say "Screw you Mom.  I know you gave birth to me and have been loving on me for the past two years, but I am soooo over you."

On a side note, this is pretty much what Andrew looks like for a few hours each day....


Look how cute Andrew is in his bathrobe!  I think he looks like he is at the spa.


Here is he trying to climb into the snack cabinet for some pretzels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment