Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Getting ready for Easter

This weekend we will be celebrating Easter with an Easter egg hunt on Saturday and then dinner with my parents on Sunday.  I have been trying to read the kids Easter books but they get a bit distracted...so we are getting ready by dying eggs, getting the baskets ready, and completing an art project that leaves easter grass all over my kitchen floor.
After we dyed the eggs, Grace had to eat one. She loves hard boiled eggs (she usually eats the egg but i think she really likes cracking them and then using the egg slicer thingy). She also showed Andrew the dyed eggs, suprisingly he tried to eat it too. Everything is in his mouth lately.

We have the baskets for the easter bunny ready to go.  At our house we leave out our baskets and plastic eggs for the bunny to hide and fill with candy (left over from Grace's birthday party...shhhh).  And then we go on an egg hunt around the house Easter morning.  Fun! 

I tried to get a blue basket for Andrew to match Grace's from Pottery Barn Kids, but I thought I would wait until they go on sale...well guess what?  Sold out.  Will have to wait until next year.  This little felt one from Target is pretty cute though.


The Easter Bunny that visits our house gives practical items and candy (in my book nothing is more practical than candy - I wonder who will be eating all of Andrew's?).  It is not "christmas in the spring" over here at the Malones (although it is tempting with all the great easter basket stuff in the stores).  Grace has been inundated with gifts lately with christmas and then her birthday.  She is easy to shop for too, so it is hard to control myself.  Andrew is the hard one, he usually gets gas drops or pacifiers or something really lame that he would get anyways.  Maybe for easter he will get some diaper cream or anbesol (he now has his first tooth and I think #2 is arriving any day now)?

A few years ago I bought these cute bunny ears in the $1 section at Target.  I think we have gotten $1 out of them!

Grace is way too cool for them now, but she loved them when she was 1 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment