Thursday, September 6, 2012

Whose house? Mae's House

Back by popular demand....guest blogger Mae Malone

Available for rent!

I am a baby.  And everyone knows that babies are really super fun to take on vacation.   If you want to have an awesome vacation, I can come on your vacation with you.  And instead of relaxing, you can take care of me! 

I know you are thinking, "But Mae, what does that really mean?  Just how much fun will I have on vacation with you?"   Well my friend, keep reading....

In August, I went to Mexico with my family.  We stayed at a house that was named for me.   Casa DeMae.  Well not really, but I like to think so.  And act so. 


 I am going to have a little cousin in a few months.  Which means I will no longer be the baby in the family.  I fully intended to use my baby status to my advantage this trip.  I did not want to relax or sleep or take it easy.  I wanted to party!  I wanted to eat! 

 
Enjoying a margarita, poolside.  Don't worry, I don't know how to use a straw yet.  My mom was secretly hoping I would figure it out and drink some tequila.  Because maybe then I would sleep.  Something about one tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.  She is lame.  This was actually kind of embarrassing, because the glass got stuck between my thighs and I spilled. 

Catnaps!  Every once in a while I would pass out, but usually not for longer than 15 minutes before I was ready to resume the party.

The last two days my mom tricked me into napping by putting me in my stroller and walking me around.  Took her long enough to figure that one out. 

I am the life of the party. The other kids were asleep, but the night was just getting started for me.  I usually got to stay up until 10 o'clock.  Or I kept my mom up until 10 o'clock.  Potato, potahto.

The food in Mexico looked delicious. In fact, the sight of my mom's food on her plate made me really, really hungry. So hungry that she spent most most of her meals in the living room feeding me.  Well, only when I wasn't being passed around the table like a basket of bread.

My mom took me in the pool for about 20 minutes each day. One time she forgot to put a swim diaper on me. Get with it mom.

 
Aunt Amy spent the week silently noting all my parents' mistakes and swearing she will not make them. She told me if Mom ever really loses it (she has already lost it to a certain degree), I can come live with her.


Here I am enjoying cocktail hour with my Uncle Mark.  I had just noticed a whale in Banderas Bay and I was contemplating whether or not seeing them this time of year is consistent with their typical migratory patterns. 

Boy, my mom sure does love me, even though I don't let her sleep and make her carry me around all day.  I have her wrapped around my tiny little finger.   I wonder what I will get away with when I can actually walk? 

(I choose to ignore the fact that she calls me her parasitic twin. )

No comments:

Post a Comment