Tuesday, February 14, 2012

goose poop and other romantic stuff on valentine's day


Happy Valentine's Day!  And more importantly,

Happy Birthday Amy!

So what is with the goose poop?  Not typical Valentine's Day imagery I know.

Well it is romantic, I promise, at least for me.  You see in August 2003, Kevin asked me to marry him.  The sweet man took me to Lincoln Park in Chicago and he had scoped out the perfect location.  Somewhat secluded, next to the pond, right by a bridge...it really was beautiful.  As we he kept suggesting that we sit down here and there.  I kept refusing.  Not meaning to be difficult (this time).

The problem was there was goose poop EVERYWHERE. We were all dressed up for a nice dinner and I didn't want to ruin my outfit by sitting in anything stinky. We did finally find a spot and Kevin pooped, I mean, popped the question. So every time I see the stuff it makes me think of my engagement. So that, my friends, is why goose poop is romantic. At least to me.

This picture was taken right after we got engaged...awe.

In fact, now that I am looking at this I am thinking this may not even be goose poop, but a more exotic variety of peacock poop.  Anyone out there know?  Betty - this is totally your department :)

By the way, the experience of taking this photo (at the zoo), enhancing it in Picasa, and uploading it to the internet has made me realize that perhaps I put too much poop on this blog.  Agree?  A reflection of life with 2 little kids?  Or maybe it is just proof that I have a (odd) sense of humor? 

No comments:

Post a Comment