Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Andrew's Nursery

Now that Andrew is 14 months old, I thought I should finally finish his nursery.  I was thinking I would wait until he expressed a liking for something...trains...cars...sports....but this isn't happening.

So far he likes:
1. climbing the stairs and trying to walk down them by himself (which he absolutely cannot)
2. throwing things in the bathtub and whining for me to get them out
3. all things related to the toilet, but especially the little covers that go on top of the bolts that secure the toilet to the floor.

Not popular themes in home decor.  So I went with elephants.

Hook from Kevin's room when he was little....

Since his room is so small, we needed some more storage - Kevin had a blast putting up these shelves. 
The Andrew sign was made last week with $10 of materials from Michaels and 20 minutes of my time.

Growing up we had this Babar book, just look at that dapper elephant!

I am not sure how much I liked it when I was little, but I love the Babar books now.  The illustrations are so beautiful.  So to complete Andrew's elephant theme I removed 3 pages of the book and framed them.



Very simple project and I think they look great.  Although Grace was extremely disappointed that I hung them in a straight line.  She wanted me to hang them in random spots around the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment